If you are more likely to follow a patterned skin care regime then it becomes quite natural for you to get confused between the essence of a serum and a moisturizer. Like every concerned and responsible woman, you may even raise questions about the efficacy and purpose of using a serum or a moisturizer in the first place and difference between moisturizer and serum. So let’s do our bit to get rid of your confusion on the much debated topic of Serum vs Moisturizer.
Difference Between Moisturizer And Serum
Serum is used to take the added nutrient deeper into the skin, something that is not an easy task to accomplish for a typical moisturizer. One can easily get different varieties of facial serums depending upon the type of your skin. These include the likes of anti-aging serum, acne preventive serum, brightening serum and a bundle more.
- Serum is applied on the face after the application of toner and before you apply moisturizer on your face.
- This makes the serum penetrate deeper and further, leaving the moisturizer stayed on the upper layer of the crust.
- Serum is meant to deposit moisture, nutrient and hydration into your skin and make it healthier from within.
- The commercial cosmetic’s company will surely make you believe that your skin needs both moisturizer and serum, which to some extent is true; however the fact remains that you need to use serum more often as compared to a regular moisturizer.
- Serum can reduce your dark circles and make some improvements on some stubborn signs of aging far in a much better manner than a moisturizer.
- If your skin is oily, a serum can lend the much-needed hydration to it and cases it is healthy, you can afford to skip it for some time. This is because in order to purchase a serum, you will inexorably need to pay considerably more than what you normally pay for a regular moisturizer.
How to use face serum with moisturizer:
Do you put serum on before moisturizer?
If your answer is a confident yes, you deserve a pat on your back as you are taking all the steps needed to take your skin towards a healthy glow. The best way to apply face serum is to use it just prior to the moisturizer. One can even avoid using moisturizer if they possess an oily skin type; however in such cases, a serum becomes necessary for the skin.
When to apply face serum:
How to use face serum or when to apply face serum is the normal question that the mind of every woman confronts with at some point in time while knowing the difference between moisturizer and serum. Here are the directions and beauty tips or the steps one should follow for getting that delicate, neat looking skin using the help of serum:
- Give your skin a start-up wash with a good quality cleaner.
- Now apply toner on it.
- It’s time for you to give a quick application to your face nourishing serum. Apply it very gently and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Next, apply some moisturizer to your skin. You can even go for a DIY sunscreen if you are more likely to get exposed to the sun.
- One can also follow the same procedure at night and by replacing your moisturizer or sunscreen with a type of night cream.
Best anti aging serum:
Serum can take off the effect of aging from your skin with the goodness it has, however, there are some properties making one serum better than the other. If you actually need arguably the best anti aging serum, you can select from a range of products that contain antioxidants and are deeply nourishing for your skin. Make sure you do your background check before you make a selection and refrain from zeroing on popular brands alone.