Fighting acne can be one of the toughest battles on hand simply because it does not go away easily. Although it is one of the most commonly confronted skin ailments plaguing millions of young women (though it is not quite as rampant in teenagers), most people are simply unable to fathom what it really is and what its underlying causes are.
What causes acne?
Wondering what on earth triggers this annoying problem that causes ugly red spots all over your face but unable to find a clear-cut answer? Don’t be surprised, because this is exactly what happens with almost all acne sufferers. What you can be surprised about are the two reasons behind acne:
While acne can be caused be several reasons such a spoor diet, underlying medical problems or an erratic working schedule, the primary trigger point is the excessive amount of oils produced by your skin.
Yes, when your skin cells secrete a lot of oils due to dirt formation or hormonal changes, your body finds it difficult to handle these internal changes and is forced to react defensively by pushing out the oils from your system. This subsequently causes the emergence of tiny annoying spots and blemishes.
Now that we’ve figured out what really causes acne, the next challenge is to find ways of warding off the trigger points namely, dirt and oil formation. And how do we do that? Simple! By effectively cleansing our face and achieve optimal skincare for acne prone oily skin.
That was easy, wasn’t it? Wait till you hear something even better. Contrary to what you may have heard or been fed with misleading advertisements of fancy products, acne treatment doesn’t have to be expensive at all!
This is because natural acne scar treatment for oily skin is any day more effective in treating acne than the ubiquitous but expensive creams, gels and lotions. Homemade acne removers are not only safe and effective, they are easy on the pockets too because most of their natural ingredients and best vegetables for skin care that can be found lying somewhere in your kitchen!
So, if you’re keen on knowing how to fade acne scars, read on further.
Home Remedies for Acne Marks on Face
- Olive oil: In case you’re trying to figure out the logic behind using ‘oil’ of all things to cleanse your already oily skin, wait on! Olive oil is a fantastic cleanser which has been found to be extremely useful in removing acne marks.Drop 3-4 drops of olive oil on your palms and gently massage your skin. Wait for 5 minutes or so for the oil to absorb and then cover your face with a warm towel to have the impurities pulled out. As soon as the towel cools off, remove it from your face and wipe your face.
- Milk is one of the best acne cleansers for acne prone oily skin that removes greasiness from your skin. Simply apply some raw milk using a piece of cotton and allow it to dry for 5 minutes or so. Remove the cotton wool and rinse off with warm water. Simple as that! You can also add dry orange peels on your face while you’re waiting for the milk to dry.
- Potato: Applying a combination of mashed potato and crushed pieces of tomato on your face is lethally efficient in obliterating acne symptoms for good.
- Oatmeal: The benefits of oatmeal are not restricted to health improvement alone. Improbable as that may sound, oatmeal is replete with good anti-inflammatory properties and almost all key vitamins.You can easily develop your own acne treatment by soaking a little oatmeal in a cup of water and rub the cooled off paste gently on your skin. Leave it on for a minute or two and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Honey: Enough has been said about the various benefits of using honey, so let’s get straight to the point. Take one teaspoon of natural honey and rub it into your face for about half an hour even as you lie down straight. Then rinse your face off using mildly warm water. Very few natural ingredients would rejuvenate you more than this ridiculously simple face mask.
- Cucumber is one the most underrated substance facial cleansers because it tones and cleanses your entire face, including dark circles.