Facial Dry Skin Care Routine That Everybody Should Follow
I absolutely detest dry, scaly or itchy skin and I know that you echo these sentiments in absolute uniformity. Regardless of the reasons (and there are many of them) for the perennially irritating problem of facial dry skin care routine, the fact that we do have to put up with a problem of such magnitude means that we need to take it seriously.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was a ridiculously simple and effective skin care routine that can make your skin happily moisturized and soft as silk, without putting in a lot of effort? I know you’re all wondering probably in subtle derision and saying to yourself, not again!
But guess what; there is more than sustainable facial dry skin care routine that can be followed and share by just about everyone. Here we go.
Facial Dry Skin Care Routine
- Mornings: During your breakfast, don’t forget to take that succour-inducing fruit juice or coconut water to make sure that your skin’s moisture level does not fall short at any point in time. Before stepping out, you do not forget to apply a moisturizer on your skin.
- Afternoons: During the lunch hour, rinse your facial skin using fresh water and clean your skin with cleanser. Thereafter, apply a few drops of moisturizer yet again. Include salad and plenty of watery fruits in your diet.
- Evenings: Before returning from your workplace, it is a good idea to wash your face again using a gentle cleanser and follow it up with a moisturizer. And yes, don’t forget to drink water in the evenings too.
- Nights: Include a seasonal fruit or green vegetable salad in dinner. Cleanse your skin thoroughly and try to apply coconut oil or a soothing night moisturizer on your skin before going to bed.
Treating Dry Facial Skin:
Dry skin type is among the most sensitive skin types and hence needs to be treated with utmost care.
- Avoid using soap while cleaning your face; you can use a cleanser specially meant for dry skin type. Do not use excessive amounts of face wash or a cleanser as that can over dry your skin, which is not something that you want.
- Keep your skin far away from the sun’s harmful UV rays, which can aggravate skin. You can just about any skin type. Instead, try making use of a scarf or umbrella before getting out there in sunlight.
- Use your discretion in using skin care products specifically intended for dry and sensitive skin types. Be a little more selective while choosing a moisturizer as well, since it assumes great importance in the context of dry skin care.
Dry Skin Moisturizers:
There are so many moisturizers available in the market, that it becomes extremely difficult to choose the best among the rest. The most uncomplicated way to select a good and efficient moisturizer for dry skin is by carefully checking its list of ingredients.
- Avoid moisturizers that are ridden with high alcohol content or all ingredients having –ohol as a suffix, which signifies a drying agent.
- It is better to go for natural moisturizers; a mixture of various kinds of oils would be just fine. Oils such as argan oils and coconut oil can also play a key role in calming the itchiness of a dry skin.
- Moisturizers that contain ingredients like honey, olive oil and milk can be an absolute boon for such skin types.
Dry Skin Home Remedies:
It is not important or recommended to use fancy-sounding ingredients to make your skin look hydrated; going natural remains the best way. There are a number of home remedies which can take away the dryness of your skin, leaving it soft and hydrated.Include them in your facial dry skin care routine for best results.
- Blend four tablespoon of olive oil and five tablespoons of brown sugar into a few drops of honey. Apply and scrub this mixture in a circular motion using light pressure. Olive oil is replete with healthy antioxidants and fatty acids, which smoothens and conditions the dry skin type.
- Take four tablespoons of gram flour and a proportionate amount of milk cream to make a thick smooth paste. Apply this paste on your skin and leave o n for 15 minutes. Then, wash it gently using lukewarm water. Milk cream helps maintain the pH level of your skin while the component of lactic acid acts as an exfoliating agent.
- Honey is among the best moisturizing agents out there anywhere on this planet. It is loaded with humectants, antioxidant and some useful antimicrobial properties. The mere application of honey few minutes before you go in for a shower can maintain the moisture content in your skin.
Best Skin Care Products For Dry Sensitive Skin
- While selecting a cleanser for dry skin types, it will best to skip using harsh cleansers unless you are on a mission to damage your already irritable skin.
- Use only soft and oily moisturizers. You can even try using moisturizers with softening cotton extracts during winters.
- While buying a scrub you may want to select ones that have all or at least some of these natural wonders- oil, honey or milk base.
Skincare For Dry Sensitive Skin
Taking care of dry skin is of paramount importance as with the dryness the sensitivity of skin also increases. There are certain methods you should follow to take care of your dehydrated skin.
- Drink water as much as you can to hydrate your skin and help retain its natural softness and texture. Try drinking at least 3-4 litres of water on any given day. As a part of your facial dry skin care routine, carry a water bottle wherever you go.
- Before applying moisturizer, don’t forget to cleanse it properly so as to lower the chances of allowing pollutants to invade your open skin pores.
- Include watery fruits like watermelon, orange, keeve etc in your diet. All these foods are a simple but efficient way of increasing water content in your body. If possible, drink at least least one glass of fruit juice daily; doing so will add lustre to your skin.
- Drinking Coconut water few times in a week is also a good technique of reducing skin dryness.
Treatment for Dry Facial Skin:
- The best way to treat your dry facial skin is to treat it with either a natural moisturizer like cucumber, milk cream or certain kinds of organic oils/creams, or opting for gentle moisturizers available in the market. Go for the chemicals and alcohol-free natural moisturizers.
- Another option of treating your dry skin is to experiment with certain kinds of organic oil and honey as nothing else can impart moisture with as much speed and efficacy in your facial dry skin care routine.