7 Makeup Essentials Checklist Every Woman Must Follow
Women without makeup are probably like men who hate sports or a fish without water. Okay, that analogy might sound weird and may have stretched the point a tad too much, but we all agree (even women do) that they simply LOVE makeup.
Let’s face it; makeup is a necessity and not a luxury, considering the times we live in when you’re constantly under the scanner of your friends, peers, bosses, family, enemies, party friends, and even pets, in some cases!
Therefore, the fact that makeup, along with shopping (and diamonds), is one of the many must-have things of your life. Having said that, a number of young women confront two problems on a near-daily basis:
- They’re overwhelmed by the sheer number of natural organic makeup brands they are advised to accommodate by ‘fashion gurus’ and other celebs.
- Their makeup kit is far too cluttered by tons of unnecessary things they really don’t need to keep. A case in point being those pointless tiny mascaras, crazy eye shadows, and lousy wash creams that you know you aren’t going to use anytime soon.
Does that sound like you?
Are you a special, normal woman who is perennially confused by the sequence in which you’re supposed to use eye liners, liquid foundation, blush, bronzer, lip gloss, sunscreen and what now?
Do you sometimes wish that there was someone who could hand-hold you in this Endeavour and help you prepare a makeup essentials list for beginners?
If that sounds exactly like you, then here are seven makeup essentials for teenagers and adult women. These are things that you cannot go wrong with, regardless of your age, color, fitness level or fashion-related knowledge. Have them in your skin and you’ll be as good as any of our contemporary fashioniestas.
Basic Makeup Kit Essentials
- Mascara: A good translucent mascara is a substitute to beauty strokes makeup brushes because it adds depth, volume and meaning to your eyes using lengthening and volumizing mascara. If you’ve ever been complimented for your drop-dead gorgeous eyelashes that express your personality, you probably have a lot to thank that navy blue or black mascara for.
- Foundation: The name says it all; it is the foundation upon which your entire makeup routine is built around. Foundation not only allows you to skip using concealers in many scenarios, but can also be applied in mousse, powdered and wet form to accentuate your skin tone and complexion.It is a good idea to select a color that’s one shade lighter than your skin tone, especially if you’re using a compact powder.
- Cheek and lip stain remover: If you’re one of those workaholics who date, eat and work at the same time, you may want to invest in a good lip/chain stain remover like Benefit to salvage your life and reputation.
- Lip gloss: Lips are considered to be one of the most attractive body parts by most Men (even those who abhor anything to do with makeup), which is why you must keep a lip gloss in your makeup kit. They impart an alluring pout while adding shine, texture and fullness to your lips. Try experimenting in unconventional colors like gold, vixen red, amber and baby pink.
- Eyeliners: Another must-have for working professionals who don’t have a lot of time for makeup, you’d do well to buy waterproof eyeliners, which give the much-needed definition to your eyes.A great tip to make your presence felt is by intelligently changing the strokes. They’re easy to use and are available in liquid, pencil and gel form.
- Sunscreen lotion: Don’t be too surprised. A good sunscreen lotion is indispensible because it safeguards your skin (and health) from the hazardous UV rays every time you walk out on the sun.Not only does it prevent ageing, deep forehead wrinkles and noticeable red spots on your skin, it also helps ward off skin cancer.
- Lipstick: Lipsticks are symbols of full, red lips that are associated with beautiful women. If you’re using a heavy makeup, go for a nude lipstick while a softer eye makeup calls for a brighter shade. Before buying though, consider your natural lip pink color properly because you’d want to buy a product that accentuates your lip structure.
Good choices include coral, grapefruit pink and deep red.