An acne outbreak can last anywhere between a few weeks to a little months, depending upon the sternness of the problem. Getting rid of the symptoms of acne is not that easy a task, making sufferer experience bouts of depression frustration and sadness.
Furthermore, craters, pockmarks, bumps, and dark spots are some of the side effects of acne which are sometimes worse than the disease itself. Once it breaks out, the trouble tends to aggravate very quickly unless you take appropriate measures in a timely manner.
The very sight of these unhelpful blemishes sprawling into your otherwise smooth skin can be truly disconcerting, inflicting loads of self-damaging thoughts on the sufferer.
Thankfully, prevention is not the only way of dealing with this annoying skin problem. You can also tackle it effectively with acne after having suffered from it by using Organic Makeup for Acne Prone Skin.
Although it’s a well established fact that taking preventive measures is by far, the most preferred method (you simply won’t have to do anything if you don’t have acne in the first place), there are a number of ways in which you can cover up acne scars with makeup.
Read on to apply a few tips on achieving a glowing/flawless complexion, without the acne scars, of course.
Before doing that, you would need to choose the right acne makeup products:
The things you’ll need:
- Foundation sponge
- Face wash
- Blush brush (optional)
Importance of primers
A lot of young men and women simply don’t or are unable to fathom the incredible efficacy of primers. Their importance in fighting the symptoms of long-term wrinkles cannot be emphasized enough. However, that’s not the only thing primers help you achieve.
They contain a good amount of silicone which smoothens out dimpled and uneven skin surfaces. This in turn makes it easier for you to apply foundation proportionally on your face. You can then follow it up with other makeup products you’re intending to use without making a mess.
A lot of new primers are replete with good anti aging and healing ingredients that retain the softness and firmness of your skin.
Makeup Tips for Covering Acne Scars
- First things first; wash your face using an acne face wash. Gently pat dry with a towel. You may want to use one that matches your skin tone.
- It’s now time to apply concealer on your face. Use a concealer which is exactly the same as your skin colour and apply evenly on the problematic regions.
- This brings us to step three. Apply some foundation carefully over the concealer to conceal the acne scars. Foundations are available in both liquid and powdered form. That being said, liquid-based foundation is the most preferred choice simply because of the fact that it sticks on the skin for longer periods of time when compared to powdered foundation.Also, try to apply foundation using a small cotton ball. Dab it gently all over the face and cover it in entirety, encompassing important areas like chin, hairline, cheeks and ears.
- There is another alternative method you can contemplate if you are not very keen on using liquid foundation. First, apply some filler serum on the face and then use a little quantity of powdered foundation in an even manner. You can subsequently use the concealer.
- You may also want to use the best makeup powder for acne prone skin to take the focus to other bright areas on the face. Doing this inevitably distracts people’s attention from your concealed dark spots.Apply the powder on the upper eyelid and just above the cheekbones. After spreading some powder on the acne scars, pressing the brush gently to create a natural-looking texture. Then, spread the powder throughout your face by tapping the brush to lay a foundation for the concealer.
Using a bronzer or shimmer is optional but recommended especially if you wish to brighten your skin tone further to accentuate your look.